Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th everyone! We always celebrate my sister in-law's birthday on the 4th of July because the family is all together, her birthday is actually the 2nd though. I thought it would be fun to use patriotic colors given the holiday today. I used the crayon resist technique on parts of the cup cake then I added a touch of glitter embossing to make it stand out. I added the happy birthday on the side by using silver embossing. Have you ever had one of those moments where you were on a roll with an idea? That was me this morning with this card. I was so stoked up I was ready to keep on truckin' to the next thing...but I couldn't because we had to hit the road. Alas...my scrapping fun will have to wait for another day.
I have a couple of movies to watch this weekend. We signed up for Netflix not too long ago and can I just share with you how cool that program is? It is so nice not to worry about late fees! Any one else have that issue? Well anyway we just got Fools Gold and The Bucket List. I will let you know how they turn out. Well hope you have had a happy and safe 4th. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

JoEtta Zabel said...

Pretty card.
I think you will like Bucket List, I haven't seen Fool's Gold.

Nikki said...

Love the cards! Let me know how you liked the movies.