Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beautiful

Happy Wednesday! I am so glad that we are half way through the week! This is a layout of Haley and her best little buddy Megan. They went to school together from 1st Grade- 5th Grade but now they go to different schools. The girls have maintained their friendship and I am so happy that they have been able to do this. They really are good friends. Megan is such a good kid. One of the things I like the most about her is that she doesn't try to be something that she isn't. She is funny and quirky and makes us laugh all the time and when ever they are together I usually have to tell them to quiet down because they are having so much fun!

I have several other pictures that were taken the same day as this photo and had intended on making this a two page spread but this page just turned out so good with the one photo as the focal point that I am going to make the other page have it's own title. I will post that tomorrow. But here's the scoop on this page. The pink cardstock is Bazzill and the green and pink patterned paper is from Flair Designs and is the Paradise Paisley line.


I was looking for some white rubons to use in the corners but I didn't have any that were the size I wanted so I pulled out my acrylic stamps. This design was made with a stamp set from Autumn Leaves and the ink is a white craft ink pad from Stampin' Up.



Gotta have a little bit of girly bling right? The word BEAUTIFUL is from Me & My Big Ideas.



Here is a picture of the acrylic stamp. I have both wood mounted and acrylic stamps and I like them both but the advantage to using acrylic stamps is that you can see where you place them on your page. The journaling around the photo was done with the white gel pen. I found that Uniball Signo is the brand works the best. I like the way the pen writes with an even flow with out skipping any spaces.



Thanks for peekin' in. It's always good to hear from you!

2 comments:

Kimpossible said...

I love it!!

Lynette said...

I forget that a lot of the swirly rubon's can be duplicated just as well with stamps. Thanks for reminding me.