Thursday, June 4, 2009

9 Months





Hi friends! Hope your week is going well...all I can say is thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! I am so very ready for the weekend! Haley took her placement test today at Bishop Carroll and she did very well. Then we went to a meeting for enrollment this afternoon. I can't believe my little girl is going to high school this fall! Seems like just yesterday I walked her to the Kindergarten door! Man where does the time go? Speaking of time...my stepdaughter is very preggers now and due in about 3 weeks. Her shower is this weekend and I thought I would make her a fun little memory of her pregnancy. I got this idea from a special issue of the Papercrafts magazine. This one was called 225 Cards & Gifts and it was in the June/July issue. I pretty much lifted the whole layout from the article but switched it up to be for pregnancy trimesters. Whitney came by for her "photo op" every 3 months. I cracked up laughing after the 2nd trimester photo because I noticed that she was wearing the same T-Shirt both times...totally unplanned! I told her no matter how small it is we have to get you in the same shirt in the last photo! She was a pretty good sport about it.

Here is the skinny on what I used to put this book together: Maya Road Scallop Accordion Book (this come with the rings attached), Maya Road Number Chipboards Philadelphia, Maya Road Fresh Chipboard Noah Alphabet, Heidi Swapp XL Ghost Shapes Butterflies, Clear Gemstones by Paper Studios, the stamp was from an SU set called Priceless and I stamped it in basic black. Now, you see the little journaling? Those are definitions that I typed up on vellum paper and ran through the Xyron to adhere to the book. Fun huh? All of the ingredients for this book was purchased online at Frantic Stamper with the exception of the Gemstones and Stamp. They have a wonderful website with TONS of fun new items all the time. They are very friendly and their service is quick. I was impressed with the personal touch. They called me to confirm the order and were wonderful to work with. When you have some time check them out here!

Thanks for peekin' in on me. I haven't been on the computer as much lately, my hubby and I have been doing projects outdoors and have been soakin' in some of this beautiful weather...but keep checkin' in on me I will post some new stuff this weekend! Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

This is a cute book, Whitney should really like it. Is this grandchild a boy or girl>

Whimsey said...

The book you created is the most adorable thing I have ever seen - what an incredible idea and your execution is PERFECT!!! What a special blessing soon to arrive!

JoEtta Zabel said...

I love the book...very awesome. Whitney doesn't look too bad for being due in 3 weeks.