Sunday, February 20, 2011

More Valentines!!

Hi friends! If you live here in Kansas hope you have been able to get out and enjoy some of this warm weather! I can't believe how beautiful it was outside this weekend. I am so happy to have tomorrow off for President's Day! I know the weather isn't supposed to be as nice but dang it's nice to have a day off during the week!

I still have a few more posts to share with you on Valentine cards so hang in there with me! I just love Valentine cards they are so much fun to make with all the lovely colors!

I got the idea for this card layout from Split Coast Stampers. If you ever get stuck for a layout idea just head over there...some of the most creative people post their stuff there!
On this card I used the EK Boarder punch (there up at the top of the card) called Apron Strings...this is one of my most fav boarder punches! And here is a total BONUS  it matches the new Lacey Circles I just got from Nestibilities. The sentiment is from this really fun set called Say It With Style by Paper Trey Ink.

This next card was so much fun to make. But I have to admit I was a little stumped at first when a friend of mine asked me to make it.  She wanted a custom valentine card for her granddaughter who had recently been in a few high school musical productions.  She wanted me to make a girl on a stage with a spot light and a microphone....what do you think of how it turned out? I was so excited when this all came together! I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I was going to do for the girl on stage...then it hit me like a ton of bricks...the girl from the Glam Girls set from CC Designs would be perfect! Then it was the microphone...which turned out to be easier than I thought to make.  The handle of the microphone is made from a black scrap and the top is just the hole from a hole punch! After coloring her sunglasses black I used a clear glitter Copic Spica pen to add a little shimmer to her glasses. The spotlight is from Kayla's Creations, a paper piecing program I haven't used in ages...but so thankful I had it for this job! Tadaaa...here she is!


Another co-worker wanted something not quite so girly for her hubby. She wanted something "outdoorsy". I completely forgot about this little guy until I got home and dug through all of my stamps. I purchased Riley the Moose last year for Father's Day! Isn't he the cutest little fisherman?



So glad you stopped in friend! On my last post I shared with you that I had used digi stamps for the first time this Valentine's day and loved them. You know there aren't too many companies out there that sell digi stamps but guess what??? Yep, I found another fun one and I will share it with you soon. Thanks for peekin' in! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

These are cute Valentines. Now it is time to start thinking about Easter/

Whimsey said...

I think I see some new items on your cards....lacey nestie? :D :D :D

GREAT cards; love the scalloped border on the top card; I don't have that punch.

The 2nd card just ROCKS - totally!

And I love the colors of the 3rd one; love the striped paper! Great coloring too!

Nikki said...

I love these cards! Great job.