Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You still give me butterflies

Hi friends!  This is my first project for Amber Ink!  Yippy Skippy!  I saw this cute little digi and it reminded me of my hubby.  We will be celebrating 10 wonderful years together on June 1st and seriously...he still gives me butterflies!  There is nothing more exciting than being married to your best friend!  So here are the deets on the card...
The patterned paper is Basic Grey and I thought hearts were perfect for this little love dovey card.  I used Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies for the sentiment and for my own little touch I wrote around the edge of the circle Happy 10th ----I love you!  In stead of using ribbon to tie around the middle of the card I thought I would use fibers because I wanted to keep with that distressed look of the patterned paper.  You know me... I just need a smidge of bling on...everything...so I added some purple fun to the upper right corner of the card.  I colored the little butterflies with Copics and then added a little bit of Doodlebug glitter to their wings, unfortunately I don't think you can really see it here in this picture. I can't wait to give this to him, but first I will write something mushy in it.  We need a little of that after 10 years right? 
I hope this post finds you all safe and well.  We have been having some crazy storms here in the Midwest.  Our friends in Joplin, out hearts and prayers go out to you after all of the loss that you have suffered over the weekend.  Until later my friend, take care of you!

7 comments:

Laura said...

It is really cute Toni!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Yay Toni!! You know, I love this little set and almost purchased it! I will pick it up at some point for sure! Love your card and the use of the bling and fibers!

Happy Anniversary to you! My 14th was last week! :)

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary Toni! I love the sexy colors on this card and the fibers look fantastic. Such a great project #1 for AmberInk! Can't wait to see what else you create!

Karin said...

Congrats on carrying the torch for Amber Ink!! Love your sweet card and Happy Anniversary to you!

Renee said...

1st...
congrats on 10 years!
And 2nd...
FABBY!
I love the little touch you added around the circle edge...
and the bling is perfect!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on 10 years, and may the butterflies still find their way to you;O)
Your card is so beautiful, Toni:O) Love the pretty papers and lovely design.
Looking forward working with you this month.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Whimsey said...

Fabulous creation and congrats on 10 years; so glad Mike is still with us after some scary times!! :D

Beautiful card; love that image too - great background papers!