Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trying something new...

Happy Sunday friends!!  Sundays are happy and sad days for me.  Sad because it's the end of the weekend and I have to go back to work the next day but happy because it's always a good day to spend with my family!  We had such a good time tonight, we went to see the Padres vs the Knights of Columbus game and it was so exciting! 
A co-worker asked me to make a thank you card for her using black and white and a splash of another color.  Well, I love red with black and white so I put my thinking cap on about how I wanted to design this card.  I looked around online for some inspiration.  I knew that I wanted to use the flowers from the Verve Visual Good Friend set so I went out there to their site and look around.  They have such a great group of creative ladies on their site!  They are always giving me some inspiration and  in fact this design idea was inspired by Julee Tilman.  I had never tried a shaped card before and I am really excited about the way this one turned out!!
 
 I stamped all three of the outlined flowered stamps onto red card stock and bent the petals up a little bit then attached a large clear sticky jewel in the center. The base of the card is actually the largest Nestabilities scalloped circle that I have in that set.  The "Thanks SO MUCH" is from a Paper Trey Ink set called Out On A Limb Sentiments. What do you think?  I sure hope she likes it!
Well thanks for peekin' in on me friends.  Hope you have a fabulous week!  Take care of you!


No comments: