Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easter Blessings

Hi friends! Hope you are having a great weekend. We have been busy this weekend hosting family from out of town and you know sometimes life just gets busy. Here is a page layout that I managed to put together this week This is Easter 2007 and I got the layout idea from one of the Becky Higgins sketch books. The cardstock is Bazzil and the patterned paper is Doodle Bug.




Here is a close up of the 3-D sticker embelly's. These are from Jolees I just thought I would group a few of them together down by my journaling and then again up top by my title.





Here is a close up of the title. The word Easter is cut using the Cricut machine and the Alphalicious cartridge. I used a few of the sticker embelly's to enhance the title here too.



Here is a picture of my Cricut machine (with the Alphalicious cartridge). It is the smaller machine but I really do like it. I have had the opportunity to use the Cricut Expressions (the 12x12 machine) and it really nice but at the time when I bought my machine I didn't want to spend $300, which is how much the Expressions was selling for. Now though I think you can pick it up for around $200. If you are interested in the Cricut machine I would definitely invest in the Expressions versus the smaller one.


Hey...can you keep a secret? Yesterday I was flipping channels and ran across HSN and they were showing a camera . A Fuji, which I have heard from a photographer I knew that came into a retail scrapbook store I used to work at, that Fugi is one of the best cameras in his opinion. So anyway, I kept watching all the details of the sale, it is a 10 mega pixel, 15x optical zoom. They showed some shots that you can take with this camera and it was simply amazing. One of the challenges that I have is getting good shots from a distance away. Like for example at the kids programs. And this camera was such a good deal...so, I BOUGHT IT...but SHHHH don't tell my hubby. I have been very good lately and have not been spending on frivolous things so this was my little splurge for myself. I should have it by spring break. Perfect timing! Here's a picture of the little guy. I can't wait to use it!
Well thanks for popin' over to see me! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Whimsey said...

A-ha...BUSTED. LOL

Can't wait to see your pix with your new camera! I begged and begged and begged for a digital camera; I use it ALL the time - I should carry it with me, but my purse is so darn heavy. LOL

Love your Easter layouts; the colors are just perfect!!

Whimsey said...

A-ha...BUSTED. LOL

Can't wait to see your pix with your new camera! I begged and begged and begged for a digital camera; I use it ALL the time - I should carry it with me, but my purse is so darn heavy. LOL

Love your Easter layouts; the colors are just perfect!!

Lesli said...

Wonderful Easter Layouts!!!! Great pics!

Lynette said...

I like the Easter pages. Good for you about the camera. You are really going to like it a lot.

Nikki said...

Love the way the pages turned out! Let me know how you like the camera!