Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our Crew

Happy Spring Everyone! I am on vacation this week with my kids and I just can't get over this beautiful weather we are having here. I usually take spring break off every year and most of the time it is either blustery and cold or snowing so this is so nice!
Here is a page that I completed this weekend at the Get Scrappy crop. This was back in 2007 when our son came home to visit and we took this opportunity to get some shots of the kids together. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey and I can't remember the name of this particular line but it is a few years old.

I have to confess. I participated in the silent auction at Get Scrappy and was a serious bidder on these fun little bottles of Glimmer Mist. These are new to my world of scrapbooking and may just in fact become a staple in my scrapbook room. I will admit that when they first came out I really didn't get what the big buzz was all about but I have seen some really neat things done with them. For instance, see my title up there at the top of the page? They are chipboard letters and I used Candy Apple Glimmer Mist on them to make them that nifty shade of red that matches my layout colors oh so well! Then of coarse I had to bling them up a little bit and add some jewels to the letters. In case you want to check out this line of Glimmer Mist for yourself head on over to Scrapfunattic in Andover they carry a wide variety of colors and they are so friendly and helpful there!



The scalloped border on the sides was created using one of my favorite new punches from Fiskars...Threading Water. I picked this little who-haw up at Hobby Lobby on one of their oh so fantastic 50% off sales. Check them out cuz they have a lot of new things coming in each month. I was shocked at what they are carrying now!



Thanks for stoppin' in and checkin' on me. Hope you are having a fantastic week. Take care!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I have to admit I have not "gotten" Glimmer Mist before this. I will have to try this.

JoEtta Zabel said...

Cool page...I really like this one alot.

Nikki said...

I love the added bling. I told you, you would like the glimmer mist. I think I have created a monster!

Michelle said...

Nikki is a good enabler! And so are you now that I think about it! I forgot to e-mail you but if you would send me one and let me know what I'd owe you for that corner punch. I could throw a check into the mail and have Sam pick it up for me. Like how I volunteer her for these things? LOL