Friday, December 18, 2009

Class Pictures

Hi Friends! How are you doing this holiday season? I hope that you are taking time to enjoy family and friends! There are so many things that we have to be thankful for! I have been so busy the past few weeks doing fun things with my girls! We did a lot of holiday baking last weekend and Haley and I made some carmel puff corn tonight! YUM-O-LICIOUS! It is so much better than carmel popcorn! We also made Oreo truffles! One of those little suckers and you go right to heaven! They are so good. So you ask...are you sampling everything? Well...yes but I have managed to get my butt on the treadmill several times this week...just feeling guilty for eating too many sweets! A friend and I did palettes 2-3 times a week before school started this fall and when Haley started golf things got crazy so we ended up dropping that and we walked in the parking garage everyday on our lunch hour and now that it has gotten cold we of coarse aren't doing that right now so I am on the treadmill. Sometimes I find it hard to stay on for so long. Yes, I have the TV right in front of me but still I have issues...I have to tell myself "come on crazy girl...keep working...keep working!" LOL! So anyway my friend and I decided that we are going to pick back up with palettes 2 times a week starting in January and then the other three days I will hop on the treadmill. Sounds like a good plan huh?

I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of scrapbooking too. These were easy pages because the pictures are 8x10's so there is not really any journaling to do and little embellishments. I usually try to pick colors that complement what the girls are wearing. I used chipboard letters from Maya Road to state the grade they were in and I sprayed the letters/numbers with glimmer mist to change them to a pretty glittery version that blends well with the layout.






Here is a close up of the chipboard.



And here is a close up of the embellishment that I made to accent Haley's page. I have found that you can make so many fun embellishments with stamps and it saves you money too! Here is a close up of the stamped embelley that I made.



I stamped the image on off white cardstock, then punched the image out with my circle punch and inked the edges for an antique look. Then I used one of the circle Spellbinders dies to cut the scalloped circle and inked the edges of that.

Well, thanks for peekin' in! I will post some of our baking fun from last weekend soon! Can you believe that Christmas is next week already? Where oh where does the time go? Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs ~Toni