Saturday, April 5, 2008

Family

I wanted to do something nice for my sister in law for her birthday. Something different and unique. I called my niece Dana (one of her daughters), who has an interest in photography, to get some shots of her family. I saw these canvas collages in scrapbook magazines and thought I could probably put something like that together myself. So Dana brought her camera and we went to work printing the photos. The canvas is a regular paint canvas that I picked up at Michaels. It is pretty big...3 ft x 2 1/2 ft. I used a lot of patterned paper in the same line and a ton of rubber cement to anchor everything in place. I kinda put my own spin on things by adding the light weight photo frames for all the different photos. Between all the paper I used an acrylic paint to blend everything together and camouflage the white from the canvas. This was such a fun project and it was something that we could do together. Needless to say my sister in law loved it. It hangs in their living room and I hear that they get a lot of compliments. If you want to see the detail a little better just click on the photo.
Hope your having an awesome weekend!

3 comments:

JoEtta Zabel said...

Nice page...I like it alot.

Whimsey said...

VERY nice and what a unique gift; something she will treasure forever!!

Lynette said...

What a great gift. You gave her something no one else has. Wonderful.