Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kansas City




Ok so a while back my sister and I got a wild hair and decided to go up to Kansas City. It was supposed to be a day trip and then we decided that we would spend the night. We had a blast! Me being the organized person that I am made a map of what we were doing and map quested every stitch of directions. We drove up there and spent the night at Hotel Phillips. When we got there we cracked up laughing because the guy working the desk in the hotel lobby had hair that looked like the lead singer of Flock of Seagulls. My sis took his picture but we were laughing so hard that it is a little bit blurry but you get the idea! After checking in we went to eat dinner at Bucca Di Beppo. Hello! That is some serious Italian food. They serve in family size portions and way more that anyone could ever eat. So there are a few pics of us eating there...Teri's lasagna...again we were laughing because even after eating it there was still too much to fit into the carry out container! There was a thunderstorm that rolled through in the night that woke my sis up and she decided to try to catch some pics of the lightening...she didn't get that but I thought her shots of the city at night were great! Then next day we woke up and drove to Legends shopping area. Here we found this fun little yellow brick road...of course we stopped for a photo op! I have seen a lot of people taking pictures jumping and so I thought it would be fun to do that. Teri didn't want to jump...she just wanted to photograph me looking weird jumping...hee hee! Before we left the Legends area we stopped by this Mexican restaurant and yep...that's Teri's legs under that dude with the sombrero! Then we stopped in at Cabala's outdoor store. And naturally...I had to put a hat on. Again we were laughing...I couldn't keep a straight face when she took these pictures! We had a good time...lots of laughing.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

The two of you had a great chick trip. You are such an outlaw in that hat.

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

JoEtta Zabel said...

Wow, your story is hilarious. And the sad thing is, I can see you and Teri doing all those things...LOL You will never know until you are both old and grey how much that trip will have meant to both of you. I love all the pictures...they tell the story all by themselves.

emily anderson said...

ahhhh, KC.
i miss my home.