Wednesday, February 3, 2010

School Pages

Hi Everyone! How are you today? I tell you I am really ready for some warmer weather but I don't think that's gonna happen since that old ground hog saw his shadow the other day! We are supposed to get more snow and ice here and man I hate driving on that stuff!

I am still trying to play catch up with the girls school scrapbooks and slowly but surely I have made a little head way. I knew this would happen but school scrapping has slowed way down for Haley since she is in High School now. There just aren't as many school functions to take pictures of. She is in choir and I have gotten pictures of each of her concerts but you know how embarrassed they get when mom pulls out the camera?

This is last year's 8x10 of Sidney. I always hang them up in the frame on the wall for the year and when they get the new one for the next year I scrapbook the older photo and we do it all again. So far that has worked out pretty good.

I loved this paper! I thought it fit her personality in the photo great and the colors where so much fun. I can't remember what line this was from but I picked it up at Scrappin Time in Derby. The "5th grade" title is done with the Cricut Alphalicious cartridge. The arrow and the stars are chipboard pieces that I covered in the same green cardstock as the title. I used zip dry to adhere the chipboard pieces to the cardstock then used an exacto knife to cut around the shape. Then I used my Basic Grey nail files to file of the edges and a little bit of chalk ink to keep that distressed look going. I thought it needed just a little something so I added the jewels to bling things up a bit. Here's a closer look...



At the end of the year they always take a class photo. I just love these...I wish they would have had these when I was in grade school...maybe they did and mom just didn't get them. Later down the road the kids are going to love looking back at these!


This was a fun little page...so simple but just right. The blue apple paper is from a Karen Foster line and the yellow school bus paper is Junkitz. Those fun little embelly's on the side are little wooden pieces that I picked up at Michael's. I used a white gel pen to write her name and grade. Here's a close up...


I have been such a busy little bee lately but I have been trying my hardest to work out every week. I found the greatest workout so far! I love it and I am really starting to feel it! If you have a Wii and are looking for a fun workout you should check this out! Very fun! I have such a hard time finding something that keeps me interested...lots of workout things tend to get boring to me but not this one!

I am so glad that you peekin in! Hope you are having a good week so far! Take care of you!

1 comment:

Whimsey said...

OKAY...how strange is that????? Don't you wish you had a way to track it...I don't understand how it says "posted on Nintendo DS runnining" and then gives that URL; but I'm not willing to visit that URL in case it has a virus. Just so odd!!!

Sidney is getting so big - she looks ADORABLE in the pictures; so happy!!

Yep, ours turns 14 in just a few days now; we stacked them in there pretty tight - 14, 12 and 10. :D

Thank you for praying for Jared; I treasure that more than anything!!