Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sympathy Cards

Hi friends! How are you this week? Are you excited that the work week is almost over? Isn't it sad that it seems for most of us we are looking forward to the weekend all the time? I mean every day is a gift and we should treasure each one of them because we never know when that day might be our last. A couple of my co-workers experienced losses in their lives this past week and asked me to make cards for their loved ones or friends. This stamp set is from Paper Trey Ink and the words always seem to give me comfort when I read them so I hope that they bring comfort to whom ever they were made for.

This card was for a man so I was hoping for more of a masculine feel. This card was made using the Guideline Stamp set from Paper Trey Ink and all of the cardstock and ink was Stampin Up.



I really liked the way that this card turned out. I was able to use my new Martha Stuart punch (thanks Michelle for inspiring me on your blog...because I purchased this punch a few days after you used it on your blog). The embossed dot background was made using the Swiss Dot embossing folder and the Cuttlebug.



Well thanks for peekin' in tonight friends. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! This weekend is packed full of fun. My youngest is getting ready for a robotics competition through her school so they will be practicing and making the finishing touches on their presentation and display boards, my oldest has a few school functions in the morning and Mike's daughter will be in this weekend with our grandbaby! Yey! How exciting is that? We are celebrating our daughter's birthday. I can't wait to share pictures with you! I ordered the cutest cake! If you don't know...that's my thing...making birthdays special. I usually try to have a fun cake made to celebrate the occasion. Some years it gets a little challenging to think of fun designs but I haven't come up empty handed yet! This year is going to be so much fun because we will have out little grandbaby here to celebrate her momma's birthday too!
Take care of you!

2 comments:

Whimsey said...

Sorry for their losses...the ending of a life is always so difficult, no matter the age of the loved one!!

Love your cards; they are both fabulous, serene and will bring comfort to those that receive them! Nice work.

PS - ah...I'm a good enabler, eh?

Enjoy the weekend; we have a minimum of 6 basketball games in 2 days - YIKES!!!

Hugs!

Lynette said...

Beautiful Cards. You have done the right touches for these people.