Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day with Changito

Hi friends! It has been a while since I posted. Life has been so busy lately. I have some fun news to share with you. A while back I got some really cute Valentine's paper and stamps and I was so excited to try them out that on Tuesday this past week I got a wild idea. I put together an email and sent it around to my co-workers and told them that I was making Valentines and if they wanted to place an order just let me know. Usually I get maybe 5-10 requests for 1 card each....this time I had orders totaling 35 cards! So I was overwhelmed and was so excited that I took the task on. Needless to say I haven't had much sleep in the last 3 days but have been really excited about my creative venture. It was such a challenge to get a "game plan" going and decide what to do. All of my customers told me who they needed cards for so here are the kid cards I came up with using the Changito Monkey line from Stampendous.

This stamp is called Changito Bouquet and I actually made several of these but not just for the kids. I colored the monkey in with a cinnamon toast colored Prismacolor art marker. I really like the even flow of coloring when using these markers. They are similar to the Copic markers but just a little more affordable. This little guy was originally holding a bouquet of flowers but since it's heart day I punched some hearts out and outlined them with a black marker and adhered them to the card. I used a smaller heart stamp and SU's white craft ink to add some detail to the bottom of the card.



I made this card for a 12 year old who's brother got the card above. For some reason it is so hard for me to come up with fun ideas for cards for boys. This stamp is called Changito B-day, I punched a heart and put it right over the "B". I love this stamp...doesn't it just look like a couple of brothers? *grin*



One of my customers didn't care what I did as long as I used camouflage paper. I was really trying to think how I would incorporate camouflage paper into Valentine's day but I think worked out pretty good






I have a lot more examples of Valentine's Day cards coming up that I am so excited to share with you. I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day whatever you do! Thanks for peekin' in! Take care of you!

3 comments:

Whimsey said...

LOVE Changito - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE; your cards are fabulous!!! He's such a cutie!!

Hope you have a great weekend & Valentine's Day!!

Lynette said...

Simply cute and adorable. You make the best stamped cards.

Sunday Sandy said...

Really cute cards! Can't wait to see the others.