Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Christmas...in August?




Hi Friends! Here is one of the layouts that I finished is this week after suffering from brainblock...or scrapblock whatever you wish to call it! I have been going through this phase lately where I really want to scrapbook, I get all of my stuff organized, pick out my pictures, have my papers all ready to go and then I just set there and look at the pictures and pages and can't come up with a darn thing. I start putting it together and then I hate the layout so I start over! So needless to say I started on this one on Friday evening at a friend's house and couldn't manage to finish it until last night. BUT I finished it. And as you can see it was Christmas 2006! You know what else I figured out? I take entirely too many pictures to scrap at Christmas time. I read on another gal's blog that she chooses her favorite photos to scrap and then she buys the plastic inserts where you have 8 4x6 photos on a page and places that behind her two page layout. That is a pretty neat idea and I seriously might consider that.

Anyway down to the details of the page. The paper is a fun little Christmas line from My Mind's Eye they had out a few years ago. On the first page I used a paper from that collection called Dear Santa. I matted my 4x6 photo on Bazzill cardstock but for the life of me can't remember the names. The fun little chipboard scrolly thing is from Bazzill and I sprayed it with Glimmermist in Holly Berry. A while back I purchased some of the Basic Grey fiber and can I just tell you how sad I am that they are discontinuing making them? I know lots of people don't use them anymore but I just love fibers. The titling was done with my Cricut machine and the Alphalicious cartridge. The paper on the two page layout was also from My Mind's Eye (polka dot one is called Festive Dots and the stripe is Stocking Stripes).

Here is some fun kid news...Haley is going to be in choir this year! We still don't know what all of her electives are...we will find out when we go to pay for enrollment next week but we got a letter in the mail from the choir teacher about "choir camp" and what she will need before school starts for class. School starts in 2 weeks. She is a little bit nervous but also excited. She has also decided to play golf for Carroll too. So it looks like we will hit the ground running when school starts. Is there any other way? I am so excited and nervous for her too. My little girl is growing up...sheesh...where does the time go?

Thanks for peekin' in my friends! Hope your week is flyin' by!

1 comment:

JoEtta Zabel said...

Wow...those are getting back in the day huh...