Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In my daughter's eyes....

Hi everyone! Is this week dragging along or is it just me? Sheesh...I don't know why but I just can't wait until the weekend! Friday night is Haley's first dance. Yikes! She told me today that she planned on going with some girls from golf. One of the girls is a Senior and will be driving them from golf practice to her house to get ready, then to the dance. She has to be home by 12! Did you hear me? I said 12! I can't believe that I have a kid that now has a curfew!!!! Deep breath in....let it out slow...ok...I am alright now...er...I think! Is this the stage in life where you loose a lot of sleep because you are worried about you kid being out there at night? Isn't it funny how we loose sleep when they are born and then things chill for a while and then you are right back where you started when they are teenagers? Wanna here something interesting? I was reading on the daily blog at the school and they have breathalyzers at the door of the dance. WOW! I didn't think about that. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry right?

Anywho...here is my page layout for the evening. This is another picture of Whitney and Angelina on the day the "little bean" greeted the world! I have been doing a lot of 1 picture to a page spreads but I really wanted to emphasize the photos. I played around with this one a little bit in Picasa. I softened the edges to give it that blurred out effect to minimize the hospital junk going on in the background. I think it added just the right touch. I just love the way that Whitney is looking at her so loving. After I had worked on the photo and printed it I sat there and looked looked at it and the first thing that popped in my head was the song "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride popped into my mind so I printed the lyrics out on the green cardstock. The BABY embelly at the top of the journaling block is a Jolee's sticker I just happened to find this week when I was in Michael's...for something else...does that happen to any of you? You go to the store for something and get way off on some other path and find something else to spend money on? Anyway I thought it was a cool embelly even though I wasn't sure at the time what I was going to use it on. BUT after I started puting this page together and used the pearls on the corners of the photo I thought the BABY embelly would tie in nicely. The flowers at the bottom are various different prima's and I used the pearls again as an accent in the middle of the flowers. All of the patterned paper is from the Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack from Die Cuts with A View.


umm...I wanted to share the first day of school photos with you. Here is my Freshman.

And since this was a "milestone" dad thought it would be nice to get a picture of us together.


Sheesh...she's growing up!

Speaking of another little "weed" here is my 6th grader!

Well...thanks for peekin' in! Have a great rest of the week...hope it goes quick so we can celebrate the weekend!

3 comments:

Whimsey said...

Oh wow; I just love this layout; so soft and pretty...dainty like Angelina!!

Um...so have you used your Upsy Daisy stamp set? I think I've seen you use it - but too old to truly remember. LOL

I can order from SU! Whenever you are ready; I need some card stock and a few other items, so holler when you're ready. Then we'll HAVE to get together for lunch so I can deliver your items! :D

Lynette said...

She is a young woman now isnt' she?

JoEtta Zabel said...

Great layouts and great pictures of the girls...sob, sob...sob...I know how you feel girl...we all go through it.