Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Scrappin for Sam Memory Book

Sorry I have been MIA lately. I decided to work on a much needed project. A year ago I helped organize a Scrapbook fundraiser to benefit my friend and her family as they had lost their 5 year old little boy in a tragic car accident. We worked so hard to raise a good amount of money to help them and we were very successful! God was definitely with us throughout this project! I promised her I would make her a memory book of the day and here I am ...A YEAR LATER...just now finishing it. But maybe my timing is for the best. Any way she told me she wanted a bag book so this is what I made. It is difficult to see this in the photos but it is a regular craft colored gift bag. You cut off the bottom of the bag and glue it shut so you form pockets, that way you can make more pages and store them inside the pockets. You leave the handles in tact on the from and back of the bag and then the ones on the inside you cut off. I used a new line of Bobunny patterned paper and accented with matching cardstock colors. I made most of the embellishments with different SU stamps to add just the look I was going for. I punched 3 holes in the side of the bags and bound the book using lime green colored rings.
Stay tuned!!! I will be posting some pictures in a bit!

Well thanks for poppin' in tonight. The weather has turned cooler here today...almost chilly! Kinda nice for a break from the muggy weather! Talk to you chickies later!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I love it! You did a great job.

Michelle said...

What a neat way to make an album! I think it turned out beautifully!

Lynette said...

What a good looking album. I have a bunch of bags I found when I started putting my room back together. Do you want some more?

JoEtta Zabel said...

I love that album...I'm sure Carolyn loved it and will treasure it forever.