Sunday, September 21, 2008

Summer Days


Here is a layout that I did of the girls. My friend Lynette took these pictures of the girls one Saturday afternoon last year. I had to teach a class at Scrapbook Garden and I dropped the kids off at a kids scrapbook class at the Rivercity Rubber Works barn (which isn't there anymore...darn it!) and after the class Lynette picked them up and took them to her house and monkeyed around with them in her yard taking pictures. After my class we had lunch together and she gave me these pictures! What a treat!

Here's my page recipe: I am not sure what brand the patterned paper is. Nikki picked it up for me at a scrapbook store in St. Louis...thanks Nik! See the turquoise furry looking paper on the first page? That's mulberry paper. I don't use it very often but I thought it would be fun on this layout. I just dipped my finger in water and traced along the edge of the mulberry paper and pulled it apart. It makes that really cool feathered edge when you are finished. I layered the pattered paper on the perfect plum shade of Bo-Bunny's double sided dot cardstock. Love that cardstock. They have so many colors to choose from! The flower is one of those giant Heidi Swapp flowers...which I am sad to say they will not be manufacturing any more. So if you like them you better buy them up cuz when they're gone they're gone! Anyway, the rubons that I used are from Basic Grey, I have had them for a while so I am not sure if you can still get them or not.

It's amazing how quickly kids change in a year's time! Well it is simply gorgeous out today...hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Later friends!

3 comments:

emily anderson said...

okay, your daughter is a spittin' image of you!!
that is crazy!
great layouts toni---enjoy the beautiful weather!

JoEtta Zabel said...

Beautiful paper...love the layout. That was really nice of Lynette.

Whimsey said...

Sometimes I'm kinda slow with the 'computer stuff' but I usually 'get there'. I tend to be semi-savvy but I'm worthless at writing HTML code, etc.

BUT when I went digging last night for my banner and found where it was hosted, it appears the person that designed it is no longer hosting my banner - therefore its gone. I haven't paid a yearly host fee, but I would gladly do so had I been asked. Anywho...I sent her an e-mail; she has a great website, but I have yet to hear from her. SO...I went and picked a free background and then tweaked the colors. So you think it looks okay?

Hugs,
~M.