Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday


Still working on 2006. Here is a layout dedicated to my sister's birthday. She has a birthday right after Christmas. When she was a kid my mom was always afraid she would feel like she was getting jipped because we had just had Christmas and so we always tried to make an extra special day of it.
I have seen in a lot of magazines and even some of the pages you all have done that you journal in strips so I thought I would try that on this layout. I wasn't sure how I would like it but it looks pretty good.
Well, I have been a slacker today and haven't gotten dinner ready yet so I better get to it!
Hope you have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

JoEtta Zabel said...

Wow...you've been busy again this weekend. Love the layouts. The one of the girls is adorable.

Lynette said...

So that is where all my creative energy went this weekend. I was going to do pages, but put Christmas stuff away instead. I love the colors, and the journaling fits just right.

Sarah :) said...

Cute! I love the colors, of course, and the rounded corners on the blocks is a nice touch too. :)

Yeah, the strips of journaling have become one of my favorite ways to write on my pages because you don't have to worry about writing straight in multiple lines or centering it just right. Yes, I am that lazy. *hehe*