Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A new do!


Hi friends! Today at lunch I went to get my hair cut. I have been growing my hair out for some time now and I looked in the mirror last week and decided that there was just no style there and I really don't like that. So I set out looking at all sorts of photos trying to decide what I wanted and I decided on this little angled cut. She took about 4 inches off the back. What do you think? I love it!

So a friend of mine tagged me and asked me to post 25 things about Toni you really want to know...you know, one of those getting to know you posts so here it goes:

1. I love to sing. I am not as good as I used to be but I still love to do it and every now and then I will even sing karaoke.
2. I have many grey hairs right in the middle of my head. You normally can't see them because I color my hair.
3. In the spring time I love to take road trips. They don't have to be very far but I love to get out on the open road and crank up the "road tunes".
4. I love to read books about my catholic faith, particularly ones about different saints.
5. I would love to visit Italy especially Vatican City with my girls and Mike.
6. I love lighthouses. I was so excited when Mike and I got to drive up the coast of Washington state and visit several lighthouses.
7. I never knew how great life could be married to your best friend. I love Mike more and more each day.
8. I secretly wish I was obsessive compulsive about cleaning the house. I envy women that have such clean homes with children, because as we all know, children are slobs.
9. Around that time of the month I could eat 15 Oreo cookies and milk at one sitting.
10. I can't swim. In fact I am scared to death of the deep end of the swimming pool and we have a pool in our back yard.
11. I love to be silly and make my girls laugh.
12. I should belong to a 12 step program for scrapbookers. I buy way too much stuff.
13. I am a planner. I have a schedule for everything, except I can't seem to plan dinners for the week. I like to do that on the fly!
14. My heart is so touched when I hear my girls say that I am their role model.
15. I worry too much about things I have no control over.
16. I like to make people laugh. Sometimes you just need a little laugh to get you through the day.
17. I love to take photos. This love started growing more in the last 2 years.
18. My sister is one of my best friends. We have this odd sense of humor that only we get.
19. My daughter Haley is going to be a Freshman next year and I am excited and nervous for her all at once. Let's not forget that when I walked into the high school a few weeks ago I got all choked up!
20. I can't imagine my life with out my girls. It is amazing what children bring to your life.
21. In my life I have found that the most valuable tool is communication. Mike and I have the best relationship that I have ever had. We have no secrets and we never go to bed mad.
22. Most of my friends are older than I am.
23. I would love to be able to dance but I have two left feet. When Mike and I dance together somewhere he says that I always take the lead.
24. I love to quote movie lines from chick flicks.
25. I love shopping at Lowes. Mike hates it when I go to Lowes. I usually find all kinds of things I want to remodel.

So there they are. 25 things about me you might not have known. So now it's your turn. If you are reading this then I am tagging you. Be sure to leave me a comment that you have done this on your blog so I can get to know you too! Good night friends!

8 comments:

Kim said...

a fellow blogger thinks your hair looks great.

Nikki said...

Love the new do!

Sarah :) said...

Toni, darling, you look so CHIC! I'm in desperate need of a change in hairstyles...you're inspiring me!!

I loved reading your 25 things! I just did a list like that on Facebook. You are such a fun, sincere person to be around...it's a pleasure to have you as a friend! :)

Michelle said...

Cute hair!!! And like Sarah my 25 are on my Facebook page.

Kimpossible said...

Oh WOW I love your hair, its too cute!!! Your 25 Things About Toni was so sweet your a very lucky lady!!!

ericablueeyes said...

I loved the 25 things...so nice to catch up! You are an amazing woman and I have always thought so. I am so happy for you and your wonderful family. I definately think we need to get together soon!!! Miss ya! Oh...thumbs up on the new doo! You look fabulous as usual!

Whimsey said...

LOVE the new do; it's fabulous!!! Does your hair have natural wave? Who cuts your hair?

Yes, I do need to know these things - LOL!!

Love it!!

JoEtta Zabel said...

I love your hair as I told you today at lunch, in fact...I think I like this style the best out of the years I've known you. You look mahvolus darling!
BTW...my 25 things are on FB too...must be a thing going around...LOL