Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kansas City...Kansas City Here I Come!

Ok so I have been dying to tell you this story. Monday I took a little road trip with some girlfriends up to Kansas City. We thought we needed to go fondle some scrapbook merchandise. So we made our plan to leave Wichita and head out for Kansas City around 8:30 am. Mary drove as we were in hot pursuit of scrapbook stuff and we simply couldn't drive the speed limit. So I picked up Sarah since we live so close to eachother and we headed over to Mary's. Sarah was telling me how her hubby was reminding her to take the AAA card just incase. We both giggled and thought how sweet but we won't need that. So we are on our merry little way talking and laughing and all of a sudden we hear this noise similar to what a large truck comming up from behind you would sound like then I yelled out...we've got a flat! Sure enough!





So Sarah pulled out the good ol' trusty AAA card and called (thanks hubby)!

When she finally got a live person on the line she told them where we were and they asked her what mile marker we were close to. I looked out the back window and noticed a mile marker not that far back so I decided to run to it and get the number. I've been walking on the treadmill for 3 weeks now this will be a piece of cake. Umm...yeah right.

I started out with the theme to Chariots of Fire in my mind...I am running for a cause...scrapbook supplies...the wind was blowing and it was pretty cold, the ground was uneven and hard to run on but...I made it...I reached out for the sign to catch my breath...I thought my throat was getting frostbite I looked at the sign. 166, great I can head back...all the way back. I didn't think I could run all the way back but I started out and then these men pulled up and asked if I was okay and needed help. Struggling to get my breath I said "Oh...yes....could...you...please help...us change...the tire?" There was a lot of gasping just to get that out. See we didn't know how to get the spare off. It was under the vehicle and there is a release lever that you push in the trunk to release the wheel. So needless to say these Good Samaritans got us back on the road in nothing flat. After a short stint in the Walmart in Ottawa we were back on the road to Kansas City.

Our first stop was the Cheesecake Factory. So here we are in all of our glory eating this wonderful stuff. Too bad they don't have one here. Then again it might be a good idea that we don't have one here.



Mary and her Snickers Cheesecake.

Me and my Peanutbutter Cup Cheesecake.

Sarah and her Banana Cheesecake...which I loved and have vowed to get the next time!

Here's Linda and the 30th Anniversary edition Cheesecake.
After our decadent lunch and desert we headed over to JoAnn's Fabric where Mary and Linda swore that this was going to blow us away. Their scrapbook department was twice the size of Hobby Lobby's. Sarah and I thought they were embellishing a little bit but no way! Sarah was so excited to see one of her newest favorite lines. I am so jazzed that I could catch her excitement!



It was funny because we were all so excited and being so loud that this group of ladies on the next isle came over to see what all the racket was because there were people getting as excited as they do over scrapbooking! One of them even called her friend and said "listen to this...see we're not the only people who get excited over scrapbook stuff!"

Our last stop of the day was Archivers which was equally as fun but after all the food and jumping at JoAnn's we were ready to head home.

Here are my fabulous finds. I highly recommend that if you are in the Overland Park area you stop and browse at JoAnn's. You won't be sorry.
Here are the Cloud Nine goods.
This is a new line from Colorbok that Sarah got me hooked on.
And who couldn't live (in a scrapbook room) without Bobunny's Double Dot Cardstock?
And now my friends I think I better end the longest blog post in my blogging history. Thanks for peekin' in. Love to get your feedback!

4 comments:

Sarah :) said...

*hahaha* I'm rolling thinking about you running in slow motion to the Chariots of Fire theme! You really saved the day with your little jog. :)

And thanks for taking so many great photos! I'm glad I could steal some.

Whimsey said...

Oh my gosh; you go girl!

We joined a 100-day Live Healthy America Challenge; there are 9 of us at work doing it; it's been 2.5 weeks; I've lost 2.5 pounds...could it PLEASE come off a bit quicker!?! :D

So glad you got some shopping in; looks like a WONDERFUL time!!

Lynette said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous. The 30th anniversary cheesecake is the best.

JoEtta Zabel said...

OMG...that is hilarious. And I think it was more then a FLAT tire...LOL
Glad you were all safe though and glad the men were truly good men and not wierdo's.
Sounds like you had a great time, looks like some good finds and yeppers...that 30th anniv cheesecake is woooooooonnnnnderful...especially with Martini's...LOL