Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sisterly Love


Hi friends! Hope you are having a great weekend. You know I didn't do a darn thing today and it just felt so good. I feel a little bit lazy but we all gotta do that every once in a while don't we? Most of the day I spent looking at different scrapbook web sites trying to find a good place to purchase my scrappin' goodies. I found this great one called Croppin Paradise and another one called Scrapbook Express I have a cart saved at Scrapbook Express with the newest Bobunny line so maybe soon I will get some fun from the mailman.

I have also been working on Valentine cards. Since I didn't get Christmas cards out this year I am going to send out Valentines. Sounds fun doesn't it? Yeah probably if I weren't so picky about what the card looked like. I visited several sites...Shutterfly, Photoworks and even some of the local places like Picture Perfect, Walgreens and Sams then I finally found one that I loved...Polka Dot Design and they have the cutest backgrounds for Valentines. So now all I have to do is pick what I want. Who would'a knew Valentines were so tough to do?

Well anyway on to this fun little layout. One of the best things about having friends that scrapbook is that sometimes you inherit some cool stuff. Like this layout for instance. Nikki was cleaning her scrapbook room and came across this page kit that a friend of hers (Teri Manny) had made for a crop a few years back. Nikki doesn't have any girls to scrap for as there are all boys in her family so she thought I could use it (thanks girlie). These photos are of our little chicks on spring break 2006...I caught them scrapbooking together. There was a page full of different quotes so I cut a few out and placed them around the page. One of my favorites has to be "Never let an agry sister comb your hair" LOL! If you have a sister you know that one is true!
Thanks for peekin' in! I just love to hear from you!

5 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Toni! What are you trying to do to me? Showing me new websites to shop from that I didn't know existed! Shame on you. *haha*

I love the Valentine's cards at the site you chose. They are ALL super cute, good luck choosing! (I got a little inspired by the one with the dog house...hmmmmm....)

That was so cool of Nikki to give you that kit! I have that whole KI collection (I just found it, y'know, when I was cleaning out MY room *hehe*) and I love all those sister quotes. I love the "Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister." from White Christmas!!

(Oh btw, that "angry sister" quote also applies to an angry MOTHER, believe you me! *hehe*)

Whimsey said...

Love the layouts; great job. Unlike Sarah...I knew better than to even CLICK on the sites....

LOL!

Michelle said...

Great layouts, Toni! I haven't clicked on the links yet either, I think I've looked at Scrapbook Express before a long time ago though, but just wanted to tell you that rockymountainhobbies.com is a favorite of mine!

I didn't get Christmas cards out either so I had been toying with the Valentine's cards idea too. Then there's always "just because in spring" too! lol And I don't have mailing addresses for anybody in Wichita...kinda strange when you think about it but maybe not since we saw each other at work!

And now I've rambled on and on when I just wanted to tell you I loved the layout! lol

Michelle said...

Great layouts, Toni! I haven't clicked on the links yet either, I think I've looked at Scrapbook Express before a long time ago though, but just wanted to tell you that rockymountainhobbies.com is a favorite of mine!

I didn't get Christmas cards out either so I had been toying with the Valentine's cards idea too. Then there's always "just because in spring" too! lol And I don't have mailing addresses for anybody in Wichita...kinda strange when you think about it but maybe not since we saw each other at work!

And now I've rambled on and on when I just wanted to tell you I loved the layout! lol

Lynette said...

I think I used to shop at Croppin Paradise. I will be waiting for my valentine.